Information Provided by You
If you purchase goods and services from irishhampers.ie we may require you to provide your name, address, email address, credit card number or other details ("customer information"). We may subsequently require further details to enable the processing of any orders that you make. You agree to provide irishhampers.ie with current, complete and accurate customer information when asked to do so by the website or an employee of irishhamper.ie
All care is taken to ensure that irishhampers.ie websites and data transmissions are free from viruses. However, it is your responsibility to scan any such data for viruses.
At irishhampers.ie we would like to assure you that we take your information and privacy very seriously. The following is a description of what we do and don't do with your details.
Information you provide us
For irishhampers.ie to process your order, we need information such as your name, email or contact number, delivery address and payment details. Other information will also be collected with your permission from time to time. This will normally include preferences such as likes or dislikes.
How do we use the information?
Information that you have provided us will be used in four ways:
• To enhance your shopping experience
• To communicate to you new products and services and also at times, the opportunity to up take on special promotions or offers. You have the option to opt-out of this communication by replying to the communication with an unsubscribe message or to change your preferences through My Account.
• To communicate issues or opportunities regarding the business or operations of irishhampers or any of its subsidiary organisations.
• To generate a holistic but anonymous view of the irishhampers.ie customer base. This information will allow us to analyse trends and demographics to help IrishHampers.ie improve on the services provided. It is important to note that we send periodical communications to people who have "opted in" to receive email updates about products and special offers, and retain the right to inform our customers of changes in our business operations from time to time. We intend to honour our members' rights to privacy and do not set out to "spam" our members in any way.
Disclosing Your Information
Third party companies and individuals have been engaged to perform functions on behalf of Irishhampers. Functions such as fulfilling and delivery of purchases, credit card payment authorisation, trend analysis, marketing and promotions, but all information will only be used to perform their appropriate functions and not for other usage.
Irishhampers will pass on any information relating to suspected fraudulent activity to appropriate authorities.
• Verification of Members
We do use various details to verify information given to us by our members. At times, we use:
• names on member accounts to compare with information on credit cards,
• member phone numbers and email addresses provided to us to communicate with customers about payments,
• member addresses to check against credit card billing addresses etc.
• In cases where fraud or other crime is suspected, we do communicate with Police, Banks and other relevant authorities
• Many of these checks are done manually and communication is handled carefully by a member of Irishhampers own Customer Experience Team.
• All information submitted to irishhampers.ie is secured using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software.
• Information sitting on the irishhampers.ie website is protected by state-of-the-art encryption and firewall technology.
• Paypal secures all of the purchases placed through irishhampers.ie.
Accessing Your Information
• Personal information provided by you can be viewed and changed by you if information provided is incorrect or out of date.
• Irishhampers.ie provides you with the following tools to manage your information, the tools will evolve as the irishhampers.ie website evolves:
• My Account (To manage all personal details)
• Gift Reminder
Other Privacy Information
You Should Be Aware Of
Sign out or close your browser once you have finished shopping within irishhampers.ie or associate partner stores. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence. If you share a computer with someone or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet café, you as an individual are responsible for the security of and access to your computer.
• You are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your username and passwords and any account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are using the Internet and irishhampers.ie.